Welcome to Mappers United

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wakka

Battalion 1944

49 posts in this topic

New dev update :

1 person likes this

A couple months ago or more I gave Joe the info about MU , hope he might interest a few of you guys to look their way Modding etc....

1 person likes this

Hi Shal!!

To my knowledge I dont think he ever contacted me and I dont know if he even registered here.

Too bad , they will provide the means to mod and map, probably keeping control of choice as well. Great creative ground for MU who can work in UE4.

Sold my house in BC in one day , homeless in Mexico for 6 months lol. Will probably move to a condo in Penticton when we return in May.

Playing BF1 but missing  my MU days of old  4 sure...

Cheers Steve, take care of yourself

I will send you a PM Al and pick a place and time that we can chat over some program or another!

Congrats on selling the house so fast and Im glad that you are able to ride out another winter in Mexico.  Ive been talking with Uboat recently and I know that he would like to get some Squad on and maybe even BF1 too.  Im just about done my job for the year so Im going to have the whole winter to map and play various games and generally get caught up with some of the old MU crew!

Take care and we will talk soon.

Cheers

Battalion1944 for Christmas ? It is possible.

Just RT BigTuna :

Only few guys will get access with devs.

Some news from Battalion1944 :

• Video by Phantasy (ex-cod4 pro-gamer) : informations (no new content) after visiting BH studio 3 days ago

• Here a little sentence from Brammerton (producer) that could be interesting some mappers :

..... aaaaand I'd like to see someone make a really really good map that we can implement into the full release. 

Source

1 person likes this

@Soldat Ryan I signed up on the forum aswell :D

curious to know what really the difference is between Battalion and Days of War, to me it looks like Battalion heads more towards the cod playstyle ?

1 person likes this

Yup that is the way that Im seeing it......Battalion definitely looks more like cod.

Yes i confirm, it is more like COD (the devs assume it) ... but not all COD, the best COD : COD2/COD4 ! :P:)
But they are also taking ideas from others games (like MOH or ET) and seems to keep some ideas from the community. ;)

44 minutes ago, Icey said:

I signed up on the forum aswell

That s cool ! :thumbs-up: I added you in my following member list :P

well both games using UE4 to make maps i read so in any case i better get some knowlegde bout UE4 xD

Quite happy to see this game is gonna be released aswell and by watching the video it goes appeal more to me then Days of War becuz of its connection to the CoD series and MoH:AA

i reckon this one gets released later then DoW ?

1 hour ago, Icey said:

i reckon this one gets released later then DoW ?

Indeed. ;)

Alpha will be launch in May 2017 and (this is an estimation) Beta in July. The next phases will depend of bugs we will meet during these steps. (timeline is explain in last dev update - link on my previous post)

Personnally i have more faith in Battalion than DOW but it is my own. It should be the great successor of COD2 that i m (we are) waiting since so long time (new engine, dedicated servers, tools ....) . ^_^

well cant judge neither of them yet, what i dont like is that on DoW forum the DoD players are trying to make it their own, everything needs to be DoD etc etc bla bla , its overun by former DoD players.

Just registerd on the battalion forum so hopefully there is a bit better. 

last night was looking for the differences between the 2 and found this vid.

its a month old tho.

1 person likes this

Map Hosting by 4T4Chris

QRSB1oT.jpg

For all your Call of Duty

Map Hosting and Download needs!

Click on the link below

Click Here!

Banner / Logo

Feel Free to Use at your site!

Cut and Paste

Click on the link below to download the images together: