Welcome to Mappers United

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wakka

Battalion 1944

49 posts in this topic

if only i had the time , i remember it very fondly  from 1967, my flower gen days'

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Shaldag said:

if only i had the time , i remember it very fondly  from 1967, my flower gen days'

Dang 1967...the year i was born..

New stretch goals with 7 days to go and a new trailer. I was disappointed by the quality of the gfxs.

I find it quite amateurish in quality; reminded me of a blend between Verdun and RO2 graphically, but maybe this is just place holders avatars. Or I am too critical.... all the above maybe.

Il y a 12 heures, Cyruz a dit :

https://www.twitch.tv/bulkheadinteractive/v/66203931

it starts around 10 min into the clip

I watched with replay after the livestream and learn nothing new they just repeat what we knew yet, except the community events organized on BF1942. o.O

6 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

I watched with replay after the livestream and learn nothing new they just repeat what we knew yet, except the community events organized on BF1942. o.O

Well i can agree it wasnt the most informent thing. But they told us what caind of anticheat they going to use and that the maps not going to be copies of cod2

And what i understand there will be no dedicated servers u can run on u  own u have to rent the servers.

Il y a 22 heures, Cyruz a dit :

Well i can agree it wasnt the most informent thing. But they told us what caind of anticheat they going to use and that the maps not going to be copies of cod2

And what i understand there will be no dedicated servers u can run on u  own u have to rent the servers.

I m following the project almost everydays from the start, they told it yet they were in contact with "easy anticheat". It is not new. ^_^

About servers, they always said we will be able to host our own. It will be a shame if the are back on this. On the livestream (32'27)  they are talking for the Alpha period (if my english is enought good ! :P ) they will use "multiplay" and they are encouraging us to use their services. For me it is more an advertisement than a big information. If someone else could confirm what they said. 9_9 (i will ask them directly on the forum too)

A little much communication from the website about Mod/map tools :

http://forums.battaliongame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1418#p14713

From [DEV] KingHoward

Citation

So modding & community maps are definitely coming to Battalion. How we implement modding tools is still under internal discussion between ourselves and other third parties and will be for a while. Our aim is to work directly with Unreal to help people create maps for the game using their own assets as well as utilizing our own, directly in the engine. This will provide a much more powerful and versatile experience than any ingame editor could. Look at Fallout 4's base building for example, it's clunky and you're limited to what the assets the devs provide you. We want you to be able to use the exact same tools that we do to allow for unlimited creativity!

So whilst it's very early yet and we can't really say for sure how it'll work, you'll most likely be able to playtest your map locally as well as hosting the map on a community server for players to download and play with you. It's a while off yet but we want to reward community members for good map design, so the best and most popular maps may even make it into the full game at some point. The way Valve do their operation's for CS:GO is a great example of this. I'm actually in contact with 'FMpone', the creator of CS:GO's de_cache and de_season among others about the mapping potential of Battalion 1944. Mapcore is a great community and we'd love to get their members involved when the time is right.

1 person likes this

Well i think the streaming info is for lazy cows like me.. so the info reach out to all :D

Dont know if my ears is that bad but they say u will be able to rent servers for a cheap price  nothing about dedi homservers. But i asume the cut the streaming to a minimum. As u say  they say before it will be dedi homservers. Got bit puzzeld when they anounsed the servers that way

1 person likes this

[Off thread : ON ]

Special dedication to @Cyruz

Révélation

:P

[Off thread : OFF]

Citation

Dont know if my ears is that bad but they say u will be able to rent servers for a cheap price  nothing about dedi homservers. But i asume the cut the streaming to a minimum. As u say  they say before it will be dedi homservers. Got bit puzzeld when they anounsed the servers that way

No your ears are good ! lol. They are saying Multiplay will be good for battalion with good price but they are saying nothing about own server that is why i think it is more an advertisment than a real annoncement. Say nothing about own server doesn't mean they won't be there ! ;)

1 person likes this

Answer from [DEV] KingHoward about dediserver :)

Citation

Sure, so we have a really good relationship with Multiplay. We host our personal CSGO server with them and have attended their events/lans in the past both as exhibitors and gamers. The plan is that you'll be able to host a server with any third party provider that want's to support Battalion. Multiplay are being looked at as our official (not exclusive) server hosts, but this isn't 100% confirmed yet and may change.

That's what i said ! :P

1 hour ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Answer from [DEV] KingHoward about dediserver :)

That's what i said ! :P

Now am more confused  O.o that says u  will be able to host a server at a 3 part company...  that not means a homeserver   grrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Hope u right about it will be there anyway

1 person likes this

Damned you right it is a bit confusing, i read faster than i should :$ so I asked precision :P (they will hate me ! lool)

But on the kickstarter page we read this :

Citation

Reliable Server Hosting with Multiplay. Battalion is teaming up with Multiplay to bring players the most reliable and highest quality in game servers. Alongside our official servers, players will have the ability to host and change server rule sets to suit their own gaming needs. Server admins will be able to choose to have BattleRanked, unranked, or private game servers.

So i hope i m right.

EDIT :

I hope it is clearest ! For me it is ok :D

Answer from [DEV] KingHoward

Citation

'Third party' includes you as a host. We're not exclusive to Multiplay was my main point!

:)

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Damned you right it is a bit confusing, i read faster than i should :$ so I asked precision :P (they will hate me ! lool)

But on the kickstarter page we read this :

So i hope i m right.

EDIT :

I hope it is clearest ! For me it is ok :D

Answer from [DEV] KingHoward

:)

Now we talking :D Thats facts and not just lullabies  Good working 

1 person likes this

1 person likes this

A chance to win an alienware PC.
Vote for Battalion1944 (currently : 2sd place)

1 person likes this

Map Hosting by 4T4Chris

QRSB1oT.jpg

For all your Call of Duty

Map Hosting and Download needs!

Click on the link below

Click Here!

Banner / Logo

Feel Free to Use at your site!

Cut and Paste

Click on the link below to download the images together:

Click Here