Welcome to Mappers United

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

{cool.G} ingre

map vision

37 posts in this topic

witch mod do u run ?

Il y a 9 heures, Cyruz a dit :

i rather call cod4x a software not a mod.Still not your mod u can change  brightness + contrast + gamma  in. Seem that the cod4x manipulate u local zon direct with its software

Maby there is someone in this forum that knows more about cod4x than i do

my mod ow ( open warfare )

if i add localized_07.iwd

mod crash

Ingre

tell me exactly what do you want to accomplish

If You are using OW, I can help you

I,am following this post for a while and I,am curious what's the so great about it..maybe some pics to show the difference between this and stock vision...

2 hours ago, Dundy said:

I,am following this post for a while and I,am curious what's the so great about it..maybe some pics to show the difference between this and stock vision...

Dundy its not that fantastic. When u enter a cod4X server u will be redirected to a software u install. That software tweaks your settings it also contains some sort of file protection. I tried to change a realy anoying ambient sound on a map.When i enterd the map Cod4x told me naughty naughty  file missmatch and throw me out :D. You can force settings on people that u cant with the original cod4.It have its own in game server browser for all cod4x servers but u can olso see the  original server by a easy switch. What i discoverd is that i can run all cod4 stock maps and tons of heavy custom maps + mitsurugis Bo v4 without getting the 1024 asset problem :D.Cod4x also tells u when a new update is  available for download.Cod4x have a better cheat protection compare to original that have none if u not run pb.You can also run punkbuster with it and punkbuster accepts cod4x settings so u wont get busted on a original server.If u want to run a cod4x server u download the server files from their site or the client. client also autodownload if u enters a cod4x server .There is more then 243 servers connected to Cod4X so its popular. I have worked with mods for a longt time i refuse to say Cod4x is a mod its more like a software plugin. The mods u run with the Cod4x

1 person likes this

Thanks for the explanation. :dundy:

Cod4x is a hack, in a good way :)

It cheats the engine so the mod can ignore some of the cod4 engine limits

In WAW there is another thing: T4M, used by a lot of zombie mappers/modders

to do exactly the same, ignore waw engine limits.

My way to enable custom visions in OW is different, in config/gameplay/visuals

OW has some tweaks to enable custom vision files to emulate a day/night vision cycle

I used those files but in other way, i put my custom vision files and named after the ones in OW

and I enabled them by gametype, but you can enable by mapname for example:

set scr_dcs_enabled "1"

set scr_dcs_dawn_length_tdm "20"

set scr_dcs_dawn_length_mp_mapname "20"

1 person likes this

Do you mean changes in the graphics like this:

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

If so it's commands like:

r_filmtweakcontrast 1.4
r_filmusetweaks 1
r_filmtweakenable 1
r_filmtweakdesaturation 0.0
r_filmtweaklighttint 1.3 1.3 1.3
r_filmtweakdarktint 0.7 0.7 0.7

8 minutes ago, uberrr said:

Do you mean changes in the graphics like this:

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

If so it's commands like:

r_filmtweakcontrast 1.4
r_filmusetweaks 1
r_filmtweakenable 1
r_filmtweakdesaturation 0.0
r_filmtweaklighttint 1.3 1.3 1.3
r_filmtweakdarktint 0.7 0.7 0.7

Can you force those so players joining the server get them also ?

9 minutes ago, Cyruz said:

Can you force those so players joining the server get them also ?

Yes, put this in a relevant .gsc file:

self setClientDvar("r_filmusetweaks", "1");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweakenable", "1");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweakcontrast", "1.4");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweakdesaturation", "0.0");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweaklighttint", "1.3 1.3 1.3");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweakdarktint", "0.7 0.7 0.7" );

2 people like this

Nop that dint work for me in OW. But it worked when i edited the vision settings 

Le 13.06.2016 à 13:04, Cyruz a dit :

Dundy its not that fantastic. When u enter a cod4X server u will be redirected to a software u install. That software tweaks your settings it also contains some sort of file protection. I tried to change a realy anoying ambient sound on a map.When i enterd the map Cod4x told me naughty naughty  file missmatch and throw me out :D. You can force settings on people that u cant with the original cod4.It have its own in game server browser for all cod4x servers but u can olso see the  original server by a easy switch. What i discoverd is that i can run all cod4 stock maps and tons of heavy custom maps + mitsurugis Bo v4 without getting the 1024 asset problem :D.Cod4x also tells u when a new update is  available for download.Cod4x have a better cheat protection compare to original that have none if u not run pb.You can also run punkbuster with it and punkbuster accepts cod4x settings so u wont get busted on a original server.If u want to run a cod4x server u download the server files from their site or the client. client also autodownload if u enters a cod4x server .There is more then 243 servers connected to Cod4X so its popular. I have worked with mods for a longt time i refuse to say Cod4x is a mod its more like a software plugin. The mods u run with the Cod4x

hello all,thx for answear

Cyruz@ ow mods dont work with cod4x scripts

Le 13.06.2016 à 17:23, uberrr a dit :

Yes, put this in a relevant .gsc file:

self setClientDvar("r_filmusetweaks", "1");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweakenable", "1");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweakcontrast", "1.4");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweakdesaturation", "0.0");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweaklighttint", "1.3 1.3 1.3");
self setClientDvar("r_filmtweakdarktint", "0.7 0.7 0.7" );

tell me pls

which GSC you mean

in ow?

Cod4X works greate with OW   its only those settins that not work because OW is using vision settings if i change the vision then it works

Map Hosting by 4T4Chris

QRSB1oT.jpg

For all your Call of Duty

Map Hosting and Download needs!

Click on the link below

Click Here!

Banner / Logo

Feel Free to Use at your site!

Cut and Paste

Click on the link below to download the images together:

Click Here

Native image size is 400x400