JohnXRing

New Model Houses Available

JohnXRing    8
JohnXRing
Posted (edited)

New Model Houses Available

Hello Mappers United.

The forum over here at https://www.3dmappers.com/ has been very quiet and empty.  I shouted "Hallo".  The only reply was my voice echoing around the forum. 
So. I thought I would come over to see you and give a big "Hallo" in your forum. 

The summer lull is upon us.  Plus there seem to be fewer and fewer of US left.
Because things are so slow I had a chance to poke around inside this computer.  There were only 84 GB of free disk space, out of 500GB.  In an effort to see what was using the space it came as a hugh surprize that Call of Duty Black Ops III is 228GB. 
This gave pause to ask some questions. 

When is last time you played anything from the COD library? 

When was the last time you opened any of these Radiants? 

When was the last time you had a stimulating thought?  That last one kinda got me thinking.

dutch_half_linedraw.JPG

Without so much as a "By Your Leave" or "Mother May I",  BO 3 Radiant was open in front of me and I had manipulated a caulk brush.  Then I found some house plans.  And now, I cant stop.

steam_half_linedraw.JPG

Started building a simple house from some plans I purloined from the internet.  This was both stimulating and frustrating as I have an Old brain and my memory is
a bit troublesome.

stone_half_linedraw.JPG
The houses are on the website https://www.3dmappers.com/downloads/category/8-prefabs-and-models. They are free, but you have to register and download from our site . They are all in Caulk for a coupla reasons. 
First and foremost, I hate texturing. 
Second, I had hoped that by creating caulk houses using BO 3 Radiant they could be used in all the other COD games.  Bram tried to load one of the houses into World at War radiant, but it did not like it.
The houses are offered in the hope that some stimulation for mapping will result.  I realize that more advanced mappers dont need my models, but I am always interested in feed back.  Have a look at them and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
John
Edited by JohXRing
  • Like 4

Steve    621
Steve

Thanks John!  I will take a look at them soon.  I like the images you posted above!

Dundy    297
Dundy

Like the houses and will check em out  this weekend... might use the first building. But on a side note as far as i can see mp mapping is dead in the water..sites like modsonline and codutility have been empty for months zombie mapping is the way to making maps and I'm not taking that path...so i,am just creating maps for my own pleasure and if wanna play the map i use bots. So in short I don't think it's only  the summer lull as you call it.... Just my 2 cents...

mas36.uk    32
mas36.uk

Nice job John. I down loaded them thanks. 

Ieuan    391
Ieuan

Thanks for the assets, I will see if I can incorporate it into one of my non-zombie(single player mode) multiplayer maps.......

• Like 1

Steve    621
Steve

I will download them this weekend and if it is ok with you then I will add them to our downloads here too.

• Like 1

JohnXRing    8
JohnXRing

Added "Cottage" to the download section.  

Steve, could you please explain the details about how to best incorporate these assets into your website download section.  Redirect links, direct from M/U, from the satellite Bram is planning to launch?

After exploring the depth and quality of your downloads it is easy to say you people do good work.  And those submarines........WOW  how  , is that Blender or are you just a really skilled Caulk Crafter?

John

cottage_caulk.JPG

cottage_linedraw.JPG

• Like 1