Welcome to Mappers United

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SlickToxic

mp_moscow

Still long way to go. :)

toxic1.png

toxic2.png

toxic3.png

5 people like this

New model added.

Not having much luck with the trolley. Works in radiant but it defaults in game.

toxic4.png 

3 people like this

This is looking really good!!!

its wasn't my favorite map but looks awesome nonetheless(correct usage?)

***if you are referring to the word "nonetheless" then yes it is the correct usage!

On 31/01/2017 at 2:41 AM, SlickToxic said:

New model added.

Not having much luck with the trolley. Works in radiant but it defaults in game.

toxic4.png 

Never seen that glitch before, wonder what is causing it......if you don't find a solution I will take a look when I have finished Villa..........did you get the models from my dl??

On 31/01/2017 at 1:30 AM, SlickToxic said:

Still long way to go. :)

toxic1.png

toxic2.png

toxic3.png

Slick not sure where you are with the overall build, but when I re-did borisovka in BO3 I used terrain patches to give the bricks extra detail (mainly snow brick decal texture slightly adjusted for better detail).....but after the maps you made in COD4 I think you are probably already on the case with that......

I haven't gone into full blown detail mode yet lol.

Allot of the textures are from cod2, been having issues with scaling them to 1024 and stopping the texture from blurring.

So far ive just tiled the 512x512 brick textures to 1024 in GIMP. They look sparkly the further away from them but get better as you approach them lol.

Both trucks i got from codwaw using Tom XmodelUtills and gimp to recreate the normal, spec, and other maps.

The trolley i went old school and used "Xmodel Exporter" and "Xmodel Creator" to pull it from cod2.

Error i receive in compile log.

Converting xmesh trolleydamaged_lod2 (Desired Faces: 0, Scale: 1.000000, Collision: false)

ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\\model_export/a_toxic_models\tox_trolly_d\trolleydamaged_lod2.XMODEL_BIN(46267): End of token file reached prematurely

^1Could not load mesh 'a_toxic_models\tox_trolly_d\trolleydamaged_lod2.XMODEL_BIN' for xmodel 'tox_trolly_d' xmodel:tox_trolly_d

Recently stumbled upon Awesomebump, will be giving it a try later. Should be able to add grunge to textures and create all maps.

Back in the day I used this method to cut back on meshes for decals/stains and just created a custom texture and added the stain to the color texture.

Saved the meshes for alpha blending. ;)

really nice look !

lol Ieuan you made me jump the gun.B|

Cant decide?  The brick snow on the outside or inside corners lol.toxic5.thumb.png.dc5b2388e04efb17556a0cd5865210b7.png

Also added another model.

toxic4.thumb.png.8ba75476ce93e54d6ed949b85a6dd98b.png

2 people like this

Slick have you added weather grime yet to see which direction the wind will be blowing?  I would do that and then place any snow on the bricks on areas that the wind would be blowing any snow.  ;)

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Steve said:

Slick have you added weather grime yet to see which direction the wind will be blowing?  I would do that and then place any snow on the bricks on areas that the wind would be blowing any snow.  ;)

Ah the dredded weather grime. ¬¬

I have the brush encompassing the map and made adjustments to winter, at least i thought lol.

But it doesn't seem to effect anything in my map. I adjust wind speed and the trees go nuts but that's about it.

So i held off messing with it. But as you mentioned it would be an awesome idea to figure that out for the brick and also help on

other aspects of the map.

Current settings

settimgs.thumb.png.80b3ee6879d7e9e260bff8a3ebb733d8.png

1 person likes this

Map Hosting by 4T4Chris

QRSB1oT.jpg

For all your Call of Duty

Map Hosting and Download needs!

Click on the link below

Click Here!

Banner / Logo

Feel Free to Use at your site!