Welcome to Mappers United

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Full System reload...

Full System reload...

OMG do I ever hate doing a full computer reload....

My computer has been running like shit lately so I had to bite the bullet and start the backup process and then the full install again with the expected need to have to do all the updates and crap that goes along with it.  Sigh......a day later I have most of it done now but still things to do yet.  I should have the mapping tools re-installed in the next couple of hours I hope.

I know the feeling its such a pain in the butt to do and no matter what you back up there is all ways some thing you forget. You just have to crack on. 

Damn, I had used the Steam backup service to save my tools which worked just fine except that I forgot that I had to save all my custom stuff in map_source separately.  Needless to say, I have lost all my stuff that I was working and messing with.   I am slightly miffed at this moment in time. 

Acronis is a good recovery tool if you can acquire it

Yeah I could have used that or I could have grabbed it out of the windows.old folder except that I got rid of that too so that I could reclaim over 200gb.  Gone is gone this time and I knew better so it is all on me.

.......after the second full reload in two days I think I have finally beaten the beast.  After the first go everything worked great including the tools but the game itself refused to load no matter what I did to it.  Even swearing didnt help one single bit.  The second reload went well enough and sure enough the game wouldnt load again but I fixed it when I installed Firefox and it told me that some Windows media feature pack needed to be installed.  I thought to myself what the fuck but installed it anyway.  For shits and giggles I tried launching BO3 game again after that and it actually finally loaded. 

I have pretty much everything reloaded now and Im using the Steam "Backup and Restore" feature to save the current game and tools folders, files and so on.  At least this way I wont have to download it all again if things go sideways since the content is saved on a second ssd.  My ISP loves me because in one day I blew the total wad of bandwidth...

Please login or register to see this quote.

lool

Always use swearing with a little "slap". :P