Welcome to Mappers United

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

{OS}Norseman

Custom maps, Mods and servers

Custom maps, Mods and servers

Is there a tutorial on what files you need to add a custom map to a dedicated server and also mods? What maps files and where do they go on the server? How do you use a map or mod on Workshop or can you? Do you have to d/l the maps and mods from somewhere?

All good questions to which I dont have an answer to.  This is the biggest problem is that the answers are somewhere but it takes a lot of time to run around the communities to see if someone has shared their knowledge.  It would be easier if Treyarch actually provided better information directly...

They have a wiki sort of but it is seldom updated and no one ever bothers to go there as a rule.  I dont mind the wiki and would go there and bring stuff back here to share.  I know that their wiki is not even available to the public.

Can anyone tell me where I enter the command hardcoreMode in this playerlist to make all my maps play hardcore

playerinfo.jpg

I received this from gameserver via a ticket I placed. Hopefully it will help anyone like myself trying to figure out how to play custom maps on a rented dedicated server. As of this post I have not had a chance to try it because I'm at work. I'll try it later today.

We are sorry for the delay in our response.  The BO3 dedicated servers were recently released and some information is still not widely available.  So, some of the following I haven't fully confirmed at this time.

For custom map installs you'll need to take the custom map's workshop ID, which is included in the workshop URL, and apply it to the "fs_game" setting within the command line.  For example, if you'd like the http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=770705142 map installed you'll need to set "77075142".

+set fs_game 77075142

After a restart the server will download the required files for the listed workshop ID.  You can then add the map name to the active playlist via the /xxxxx96/bo3_unranked/machinecfg/playlists.info file.  The map should then be available within the server map rotation.

In order for custom maps to be available on the server a mod will need to be active.  By default the 'fs_game' setting is set to 'usermaps'.  So, after the map files are done downloading I'd suggest to switch the fs_game setting back to the default 'usermaps', or the workshop ID of a custom map you are running.  As per your request via your other ticket, the fs_game setting is currently set to run the 'Boots on Ground' mod, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=771672355. You will need to keep the fs_game setting set to this workshop ID in order for the mod to be active.

+set fs_game 771672355

If you have any trouble with the maps please let us know.  The workshop files are downloaded to the following directory of the server:

/xxxxx96/bo3_unranked/steamapps/workshop/content/311210/

I have yet to figure out how to set the server to hardcore only but I'll keep looking. I hope this helps someone.

1 person likes this

Please keep us informed and I will add a new tutorial once we know that it works.

As far as my question on what to enter into the playerlist.info to make the games play hardcore I have found an answer. @pcdev_assist directed me to this steam forum topic

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311210/discussions/0/152391995407469112/

I don't know who pcdev_assist is but if he  or she sees this thanks again. The only problem I ran in to was the the last line of the gametype hc_tdm instructions has a upper case k ( rule gts teamKillPointLoss 1 ) and I changed it to a lower case and it worked awesome. I also added the same instructions for dm, ctf and dom and that worked also. As far as running mods on the server I have been working on that and got it to work, I still have issues running custom maps. I will post the details when I get everything worked out. If you need help running a mod on a gameservers ded server pm me in the mean time and I will help.

1 person likes this

still have not been able to play custom maps on gameservers.

You might try to contact Ieuan he has a server up and running...

Thank you Dundy, Ieuan and I have exchanged pm's. I will try and give a detailed explanation this evening so Steve can make a sensible tutorial but I have the server up running the boots on the ground mod and custom maps as of yesterday evening. Your playerlist file must have the maps Steam ID number, not the name of the map, to run and play it on your server. Gameservers support did not have this answer for me, I just kept on trying different things and searching forums till I found the answer.

1 person likes this

Loading maps on a server. This information I got from GS and it works but tedious and slow if you want to load a lot of maps and mods. You have to edit the Launch_server.bat

BlackOps3_UnrankedDedicatedServer.exe +set sv_playlist 1 +set fs_game usermaps +set logfile 2 +set live_steam_server_name "Test Server" +set live_steam_server_description "This is a test server." +set live_steam_server_password "test" +rcon_password "test" %*

Every map and mod has a 9 digit Steam ID #. That number is entered  in the server file instead of usermaps. If you access steam on a browser it is in the IP address. If you have the game locally you can find it here : C:\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\311210  ( C: represents the drive you have BO3 loaded on )

BlackOps3_UnrankedDedicatedServer.exe +set sv_playlist 1 +set fs_game 799540279 +set logfile 2 +set live_steam_server_name "Test Server" +set live_steam_server_description "This is a test server." +set live_steam_server_password "test" +rcon_password "test" %*

After you edit your bat file like the one above you restart the server. To do another map you just repeat placing the new ID # in the bat file. Like I said it is a lot of editing and restating of the server but it places the maps in the correct directory. If you are renting from Game Servers like me you have to use their interface to do this. Click on the config icon on the home members page. On the config page click the down arrow  on the right side and choose server config line then click the load config button to the right. You should now be able to edit the line.  Click Submit and wait for confirmation. Then click on the  info tab near the top of the page and on the left.  About mid left on that page is the restart server icon, click on that.

I have also used a FTP editor to transfer this information onto the server but it was also slow. You load it to the same folder on the server that it is in on your personal computer.

After you load all the maps you want you have to change you bat file back to the way it was and restart the server again

BlackOps3_UnrankedDedicatedServer.exe +set sv_playlist 1 +set fs_game usermaps .........

Give it some time after you restart the server, I'd walk away for a half hour. You should now be able to play custom maps on your server.

If you want to run a mod on the server you change usermaps to the Steam ID # of the mod like this:

BlackOps3_UnrankedDedicatedServer.exe +set sv_playlist 1 +set fs_game 771176010........... ( This is the actual ID # for the Boots on the Ground mod )

Restart the server and your mod should be loaded and running.

You should have a server running your favorite mod and your favorite custom maps. I hope this makes sense and is not confusing. You do have to edit your playerlist.info file to put the new maps into your rotation.

1 person likes this

Editing your playerlists.info file to play your custom maps.

You can find the file in the bo3_unranked/machinecfg folder on your server, it is the only file in there.This is an example of a stock playerlists file

stock platerlists.jpg

stock platerlists.jpg

This is a file edited to play custom and stock maps.

custom playerlists.jpg

You can edit this file with Notepad. I hope this helps, if you have any questions just message me

One more. Making a custom game type, such as hardcore, for your playlists.info

stock_game_type.jpg

This is a custom game type, the one I'm using to play Hardcore

custom_game_type.jpg

And these are examples of other custom game types

other_custom_game_types.jpg

Does anyone know if the dedicated servers generate a "games_mp.log" file? As I have been unable to enable/find it.

Map Hosting by 4T4Chris

QRSB1oT.jpg

For all your Call of Duty

Map Hosting and Download needs!

Click on the link below

Click Here!

Banner / Logo

Feel Free to Use at your site!

Cut and Paste

Click on the link below to download the images together:

Click Here

Native image size is 400x400