Welcome to Mappers United

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RaGe

mp_backlot

41 posts in this topic

Next map in my sights.

A lot of re-texturing to do, and I have to re-make most of the buildings.

It's going to be fairly original, but very updated textures.

Killingfields3 is just about a wrap, so I'll be starting it in about 3 weeks after uni exams.

It's gonna take a while to re-texture, but I'm sure it'll be worth it ;)

backlot.jpg

2 people like this

Are you going to redo the roads too?

Yeah, everything is going to be as close as possible, so I may have to re-import some textures. The models of the cars though..I think I'll just replace them altogether. Windows and doors..I think I'll have to re-do them altogether. I'm just putting some basic textures in for now to get it so I can run around in it. Getting rid of all the green default textures is a pain in the arse, especially the grunge decals (most of them were done very badly), so I'm redoing all of them. It'll take time in between real life and university. The fiance' is already cracking it at me because of Killingfields, but hey, 820 subscribers is not bad for my first map. It's not a ZeRoY 30,000+, but it's a start lol.

I'm sort of torn between doing an original port, or whether, like ZeRoY did with Killhouse, bring it up to current. I think either way, it'll be a great outcome.

Edited by CGN`RaGe

You know that the COD4 textures will look absolute garbage in BO3? MWR uses all new textures because of it, most, if not all the textures have been replaced.

I'm not using the cod4 textures, unless they are hi-res. (and so far, I'm coming up with nothing). I've been collecting my own textures from real life. Possibly some of them might make it in here.

It's early days..obviously, but the re-texturing seems to be going well.

20161018120507_1.jpg

20161018130048_1.jpg

20161018130106_1.jpg

Edited by CGN`RaGe
4 people like this

I'm not infinity ward or treyarch, my clip barriers are everywhere, and the ones on the edge of the map? they're about as high as the fpstool box, so good luck glitching like cod4  :)

1 person likes this

darn it.should i still release this.still  work in progress.shot0001.jpg

shot0000.jpg

Edited by flash
3 people like this

38 minutes ago, flash said:

darn it.should i still release this.still  work in progress.shot0001.jpg

shot0000.jpg

Won't be the first time same map gets released ...

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, flash said:

darn it.should i still release this.still  work in progress.

Flash, please by all means finish it.  I'm time pressed at the moment, so mine won't be ready for a good month or so. In my opinion though, the graphics are dated. I'd re texture the map completely (that's what I was doing on mine). Maybe ask the community what they'd prefer.. A re-port (yours) or a re-texture \ update (mine)

Edited by CGN`RaGe

Good job,

it might be nice  with the bo3 textures

1 person likes this

It's looking pretty swish so far. I won't post any more screenies until I'm running around in it. It's getting close :)

@flash

Just release it, it looks good! :)

@CGN`RaGe

If you retexture almost everything its not the real mp_backlot.

Its nice and i realy like the idea but it shouldnt be released as mp_backlot. More like mp_backlot_remake or something like that.

Having one thats completly the same as in cod4 and one with different/newer textures is absolutly fine as long as they dont have the same names! :)

Fair call. mp_backlot_redux it is :-)