Welcome to Mappers United

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Izangar

I need help adding FXs with sounds.

I've been searching for a tutorial on how to add FXs with sound in radiant, but all tutorials are either incomplete, incohenrent, or terribly written. It's awful.
I've managed to get a fire going using Zeroy's script_struct method, but it has no sound. 

So, I was trying something else. I have a fluorenscent light model, and I want to add the fx/misc/"fluorescent_glow.efx" fx, along with a humming sound I found under raw/soundaliases/multiplayer.csv named "emt_light_flourescent_hum". How the hell do I do that? Can I do that using script_struct? How do I set up the custom gsc? Can someone explain it to me in plain english, or point me to a decent tutorial?

Thanks in advance.

I'm at work right now but will see what I can do later.

Use a script struct and reference it in your gsc

the user alias can be edited with notepad

9 hours ago, Steve said:

I'm at work right now but will see what I can do later.

Awesome, thanks Steve.

7 hours ago, wakka said:

Use a script struct and reference it in your gsc

the user alias can be edited with notepad

I understand the proccess, but I need specifics. I made a csv for the new alias (copied and edited from the multiplayer.csv) but it doesn't seem to work. Also, nowhere it seems to explain why do I need 2 "_fx.gsc" files for my map, or what to put in each one.

Check my tutorial for adding thunder and lighting fx in Modern Warfare.  It is pretty much the same principles and I hope it explains things enough to get you going.

That tutorial was light-years ahead of anything else I've read, thanks a lot Steve.
I got the thunder working just fine, though I have some questions. Where in the code does it specify when, or where the sound will play from?

As I said in the original post, I'm trying to link a humming sound to a light source. I managed to get the fx for the light working, following your tut (thanks again!). But how do I link the sound specificaly to the light? Is there a way to link it directly to the fx? I have the humming .wav in my sound/amb_elements folder, and this entry in my soundalias csv:

flourescent_hum,,amb_elements/fluorescent_hum.wav,0.7,1,element,0.95,1.05,7,350,auto,,,rlooping,,all_mp,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I tried adding a ["soundalias"] parameter in my createfx/_fx.gsc, but it either distorts the sound (skipping, playing really fast), or it plays no sound at all.

Thanks in advance.

A line_emitter would work, just under it.......

Map Hosting by 4T4Chris

QRSB1oT.jpg

For all your Call of Duty

Map Hosting and Download needs!

Click on the link below

Click Here!

Banner / Logo

Feel Free to Use at your site!

Cut and Paste

Click on the link below to download the images together:

Click Here

Native image size is 400x400