Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Fact Sheet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Guest_zeroy

Guest_zeroy
  • Guests
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Fact Sheet [This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]

Posted Image

OVERVIEW Takes the bulls-eye precision of its best-selling predecessor to new and exciting heights. Powered by the CryENGINE 3 engine, the missions of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 are graphically stunning and more challenging as you once again step into the ghilliesuit of a special ops sniper to take down the enemy. KEY FEATURES Diverse Gameplay
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 takes all the breathless anticipation, precise controls and skillful fun of sniping and mixes it with stealth and silent elimination play, action scenes, a co-operative move playbook
  • Night vision and thermo vision goggles to use in limited visibility situations
  • Vehicle sections are a new addition to the Sniper series
  • Multiple and varied locations including urban, jungle, mountain and tundra environments
THE Authentic, Modern Sniper Experience
  • Realistic ballistics take into account the player's location, wind speed and direction, breathing rate and distance from the target
  • Snipers do not fight alone in the real world and nor do they in Sniper 2. Working with your spotter is key
  • All environments are based on real-world locations
  • An array of faithfully recreated weapons are at your disposal, including six sniper rifles, three assault rifles, heavy machine guns, and more
More Skill, More Rewards
  • Silent kills allow for quiet enemy elimination and successful execution sees the player rewarded with a brutal kill animation
  • Bullet cam shows particularly successful hits
  • Limb dismemberment from large calibre guns and explosions
Innovation & Technology
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is built on CryEngine3, the most advanced multi-platform development tool for current-generation consoles and for PC
  • New equipment for stealth gameplay
  • Multiplayer modes designed especially for sniper duels.
  • Epic story crafted by acclaimed writers
More here and sourcesScreenshots:Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Guest_BengalSniper™

Guest_BengalSniper™
  • Guests
The first release used the Chrome engine and all reviews were poor due to graphic problems, low populated multiplayer servers, poor performing AI, and unlimited glitches.Now this next version is using CryEngine3, which looks promising, perhaps they learned from their failures and this will be a success.

Guest_CoDMapper

Guest_CoDMapper
  • Guests
CryEngine 3, very nice. Gonna keep an eye on this one.

Guest_VeeTee

Guest_VeeTee
  • Guests
Billy Mays here with Cryengine 3.

Posted Image

Guest_zeroy

Guest_zeroy
  • Guests
Yep - i got in touch with the CM for City interactive, no word on SDK as it very much depends on Crytek letting them do it (its not their engine) - Dedi server, not a word yet. More in Nov-Dec

Guest_Shaldag

Guest_Shaldag
  • Guests
the first Sniper: Ghost Warrior looked great and lush, SP was decent, (bought it for (9. 99) but MP was aweful. Horrid sound poor avatar movement etc... I hope they do a better job with Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2.That would satisfy a craving for great sniping sessions.

Guest_VeeTee

Guest_VeeTee
  • Guests
If there will be sdk it should be a great game to map for.

Guest_zeroy

Guest_zeroy
  • Guests
IGN just had a live video interview, I frapped the entire thing, upping to Youtube soon!

Guest_zeroy

Guest_zeroy
  • Guests
Video is up, hope it wont be taken down (IGN):ny4qfi_IKCk

Guest_VeeTee

Guest_VeeTee
  • Guests
Looks great and very promising, will pick up it up if there's a SDK.

Guest_BengalSniper™

Guest_BengalSniper™
  • Guests
Finally a sniper with a spotter, wow, I've been waiting for a sniper game with a spotter all my life, after this I can die and go to heaven:p.

Guest_Gerry

Guest_Gerry
  • Guests
Interesting video, the locale is great.

Guest_Zweimann

Guest_Zweimann
  • Guests
I don't understand how a Sniper game can ZOOM the entire screen and not only the Sniper sight. I'm sorry for saying this, but it's ridiculous. COD does and other games too ( HOS doesn't do this ), but a sniper game....

Guest_zeroy

Guest_zeroy
  • Guests

I don't understand how a Sniper game can ZOOM the entire screen and not only the Sniper sight. I'm sorry for saying this, but it's ridiculous. COD does and other games too ( HOS doesn't do this ), but a sniper game....

I agree 100% on this, love the way its done in Unreal engine (you can zoom just the scope area). I tried to think of a way to do this in COD for years now! There are none unless engine change or with BO it may be possible as the Camera spike perk almost is this.

Guest_techno2sl

Guest_techno2sl
  • Guests
Seems very unrealistic, unrealistic geo, unrealistic scenario and the promise of a 'sniper experience' yet forcing you down a linear path with a knife.LOOKS AMAZING... it really does, but they can't call it realistic and they can't call it a sniper experience. You want sniping? Play ARMA2, aside from shitting in a bag and eating rations that game is as realistic as you can make it while keeping it fun.Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2?Sniper: Console gamers dream arcade Disney adventure Extreme Mis-Advertising Fraud Warrior 2.... would be more fitting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox         Many of the site Graphics by Ray